Performer Application Process
The mission of the Santa Fe Traditional Music Festival is to provide a rich and diverse array of music, workshops, jamming, and other activities to the people of New Mexico and surrounding areas. Our goals are to broaden the enjoyment and understanding of music from a variety of folk traditions, and to provide opportunities for local, regional, and national performers to share their talents with appreciative audiences. The basic selection criteria for festival performers include:
1. High-quality performance of music from a variety of regional, ethnic, and folk traditions, using primarily acoustic (non-amplified) instruments.
2. Willingness and capacity to participate in workshops and performances at the festival.
3. Ability to draw diverse audiences to the festival.
The festival has its roots in old-time, bluegrass, and New Mexico folk traditions, but also includes Celtic, Cajun, Latin American, Balkan, and other music and dance traditions. In choosing performers and workshop leaders, we seek a balance between music that is familiar to most audiences, as well as performances that will broaden horizons and encourage listeners and musicians to explore new creative pursuits.
Most of the festival performers and workshop leaders are drawn from the rich pool of local and regional talent, with a few who come from outside the immediate area. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit organization with limited financial resources, although we recognize that musicians should be rewarded appropriately for sharing their talent and hard work with the rest of us. Remuneration for performers will be agreed upon at the time of signing, and will be determined in part based on the level of festival anticipated donations and other income.
(We are asking for additional band information (stage plots, bio, etc.) as part of the application process and to provide vital materials for the festival planning and promotion. Last year it took a long time to get some of this information, and we would like to distribute promotional materials earlier this year.)
How To Apply
1) Download the .pdf version of this application (just below), print it and fill it out, and then either(A) mail it in to: Santa Fe Friends of Traditional Music, PO Box 5851, Santa Fe, NM 87502 or (B) scan it and send by email to: SFTradMusic@gmail.com
2) Download the .docx version of this application (just below), modify it for your group using MS Word and email it to: SFTradMusic@gmail.com
If you have questions, please call us at (505) 989-7543 or email us at: SFTradMusic@gmail.com
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2019
The application may also be used to apply for our 2020 Festival. Please make a note on the form referencing 2020.